So as you can see from my last post the pocket is done! I will admit the embroidery is not done by hand as my darling husband gave me a magical machine that can do some really nifty stuff and part of my challenge for this gown is to really give my machine a workout. Since I used the courtesan motif several times it is digitized so I can keep it looking consistent.
In light of the time crunch I know there is no way I could do all the embroidery by hand, take care of my 4 year old son, coach my student to the National speech and debate meet, and be a full time student myself. I have no intentions of entering this as an A&S project so I want to go for the wow, that looks so cool factor over the authentic factor. I can do hand embroidery but I just don't have the time. There will be some blackwork and beadwork done for this project but I find I can do that rather quickly.
My stockings are moving along at a much better pace now. I had to fix the elephant ankle look I had going on, and I am much happier now that it looks much smoother. The embroidered clocks are done (little embroidery above the ankle gusset for decoration and strength) and the welts (tops) are waiting to be attached.
My next step is to start work on the embroidery for the drawers. This will take a little time, but it is a large pattern and should move quickly but I am covering a lot of fabric. I am going to do the embroidery first then cut out the fabric. I haven't decided if I will do a split crotch or not. I can't find any proof of split crotch during this time but after making a pair for a Victorian gown I am not sure I could survive without them. They make life so much easier with a lot of skirts and a port-a-john.
I am also arguing about whether or not I want a linen camica with strips of blackwork to match the drawers or make a silk camica...hmmmmmm choices.