Monday, July 11, 2011

bodice update w/ pics!

So slow going, schoolwork is kicking my butt!

I have cut out my inner bodice and have drawn where the boning channels will go. Before attaching my second layer of canvas so I can sandwich the bones in between I need to attach the lacing strips. In the past I have sewn down rings- which would snap the threads and pop off when lacing if under to much strain, I have sewn down the duel lines of ribbon like Jen Thompson did for her Venetian gown, that worked pretty well but soon I the ribbon started to fray and stretch from strain. So this time I am going to try something new, two lines, because it really does help with the strain and keeping the laces straight with rings in the form of eyelet tape. I'm not sure how it will work but it is worth a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment